Kirsty Gallacher – Brand Ambassador
Kirsty Gallacher is one of the UK’s most respected and versatile sports broadcasters. Having a personal passion for health and fitness she trains at least 3 to 4 times a week with her trainer.
Kirsty is now working closely with Proskins to extend the Active range, our high-tech performance activewear. Using compression technology, our Active clothing enables a quicker recovery of muscles post-workout. The lightweight fabric has a four-way stretch for maximum comfort and an enhanced silhouette.
“After discovering Proskins and the benefits of compression wear, I was delighted about the opportunity to work with a brand that’s for women like myself. Women that exercise, multi-task, juggle and want to feel comfortable and in top form around the clock”
– Kirsty Gallacher
Kirsty Gallacher – 2017 plan to looking and feeling your best:
- Try to train at least three times a week. I have always been passionate about fitness and I exercise on a regular basis. I always train in the morning before heading to Sky Sports News.
- Fitting exercise around your lifestyle is the key to success. There has to be a balance between being healthy and also having fun. The key is consistency with your training.
- Be comfortable when you exercise. My favourite Proskins leggings are the classic black and grey marl leggings. They are so versatile and comfortable to wear. I love exercising in them. I can also wear them when I’m on the go, from the school run straight to the gym.
- A lot of women who want to lose weight will only concentrate on cardio. But strength training is just as important to lose weight and tone the body. Do what suits you and your routine. But it’s important to mix both cardio and strength work.
- It’s important to rest and eat well, if you don’t rest and eat, there’s no point in training. Luckily I love healthy food and it’s a way of life for me. My mum is a nutritionist so eating healthily was drummed into us from an early age.
Kirsty Gallacher – TV Career
Enjoying a long and successful career at Sky Sports News, Kirsty anchors their flagship show, broadcasting live on weekdays between 4 and 7pm.
Her front-of-camera career began in 2000 at Sky with her own series, Kirsty’s Home Videos. This aired on Sky One for 4 years. She has great experience in a variety of broadcasting environments, including Sky 1’s Gladiators alongside Ian Wright and ITV’s Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. She won Channel 4’s The Games in 2005 and went on to co-present the show, alongside Jamie Theakston, the following year.
Kirsty has fronted a host of live sporting events, including ITV1’s hugely popular Soccer Aid, which pits celebrities against football legends. She co-hosted the charity football match in 2014 and 2016 alongside Dermot O’Leary. Kirsty also fronts Sky Sports’ coverage of major annual sporting events, such as the Ryder Cup and the Masters.
2015 saw Kirsty take part in BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing. Partnered with Brendan Cole, she made it through to the 6th week and was highly commended by the judges, despite having never danced before.
Read more about the technology in Proskins ACTIVE and discover our other ranges.